HOW DO I REGISTER?
All competitors are required to register on usaclimbing.org. Mesa Rim is unable to register competitors and competitors do not owe Mesa Rim any additional fees.
Registration cost: $65
WHO CAN COMPETE?
USAC has strict requirements for eligible competitors:
- Must be USAC Collegiate member
- Must be collegiate member by the time registration for Collegiate Regionals closes
- Competed in one USAC sanctioned collegiate local
More information on usaclimbing.org → climb → Collegiate
The competition will cover three disciplines: bouldering, sport, and speed. Competitors are welcome to compete in any of the three disciplines, and will have free range of movement between the corresponding areas of the gym over the course of the three-hour competition. Participants are not required to compete in all three disciplines.
- – Bouldering: classic redpoint
- – Sport: classic redpoint
- – Speed: best of 2 runs
For more information on the rules, see the 2018-2019 USA Climbing Rulebook
Everyone who will be inside the facility is required to have a current waiver on file. This includes family, friends, and any children who may be spectating. If you are not sure whether you have a current waiver on file, contact front desk staff at the numbers below. You can fill out a waiver online by clicking HERE.
Mira Mesa: 858-201-4411
Mission Valley: 619-908-1611
USAC MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
All Competitors are required to have a USAC collegiate membership. Competitors who participated in a collegiate local with an introductory membership must purchase their collegiate membership before registration for Collegiate Regionals closes. More information on acquiring an USAC collegiate membership may be found by clicking HERE.
COMPETITOR BELAY REQUIREMENTS
Collegiate competitors are allowed to belay each other if they want, but they are not required to do so (we will have volunteers). Competitor belay requirements are as follows:
- – Lead belay: Competitors must be lead belay certified before April 6! We will not conduct lead belay tests day of.
- – Lead climb: competitors are allowed to lead climb without a Mesa Rim cert, but it is strongly discouraged for competitors unfamiliar with lead climbing.
- – Competitors are not allowed to lead climb without a cert after the competition ends
- – Top rope belay: top rope belay tests must be conducted before the competitor meeting at 9:30. Later tests will be conducted at the discretion of Mesa Rim staff if/when possible.
- – Certified belayers must have their Mesa Rim belay cards attached to their harness and visible for the duration of the competition if they plan to belay. No exceptions.
DO YOU NEED VOLUNTEERS?
YES! Please sign up HERE. For this competition we will need: judges, toprope belayers, and lead belayers. Lead belayers must be experienced and comfortable catching low falls. Lead belay volunteers must be certified with us upon sign up.
Location: Mira Mesa
Date: Saturday, April 6
Check in: 8:30 – 9:30 am
Competitor meeting: 9:30 am
Competition: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Awards to follow!
I HAVE QUESTIONS!