- March 5, 2019
- Tuesday, 5PM to 10PM
2019 Avocado Cup Is Coming!
Get ready for our 3rd annual Avocado Cup! This is our free community bouldering league with something for everyone; difficulty ranges from v-fun to v-hard. The comp is comprised of two main rounds; one at each of our locations. It all culminates in our Finals round at The Academy. The finals event will include a food truck, a DJ, and booze garden. Plus, rad prizes are in store for those who win!
Here’s a little recap from 2018 to get you psyched for this year’s comp!
In order to make sure that everyone who wants to compete can, we’ve separated the qualifiers into two separate sessions, each capped at 150 climbers.
Membership or day pass is required for participation.
2019 Tanks will be available for purchase! Remember that those who purchase a tank and wear it at the finals will be eligible for a free beer (ages 21+ only).
Round 1: Tuesday, March 5 in Mira Mesa. Session one runs 5-7:30pm. Session two runs 7:40-10:10pm.
Includes Guac Off! Guacamole contest. You bring the guac; we provide the chips.
Round 2: Tuesday March 12 in Mission Valley. Session one runs 5-7:30pm. Session two runs 7:40-10:10pm.
Includes Avocado Dessert contest.
Finals: Tuesday, March 26 at The Academy (Next to the Mira Mesa location) from 6-10pm. Finals competition will feature the finalists from qualifiers. Spectators are welcomed and encouraged!
- – Pure Project (Beer Garden)
- – Bivouac Ciders (Beer Garden)
- – Bite Buddha Bowls (Pop-up)
- – Avocado Toast Brothers (Pop-up)
- – JoJe bars
- – Rolflex PRO
- – Pasokin
IMPORTANT SCHEDULE NOTES
- – Sessions are capped at 150 competitors.
- – No advance sign-up — event is first come, first served.
- – Must check in / register in person.
- – We anticipate that the first sessions of each comp will fill up fast so please be prepared to wait until session two to compete or you may choose session two as your preference. Whichever session you choose, be sure to arrive early to secure your spot.
RULES & FAQS
FORMAT: Classic Redpoint
CATEGORIES (Male and Female finalists selected for each category)
- – Fun: VE-V0
- – Beginner: V1-V3
- – Intermediate: V4-V6
- – Advanced: V7+
- – Teens (ages 15-17)
QUALIFYING FOR FINALS
- – Competitors must compete in BOTH qualifying rounds in order to qualify for finals. Competitors who only compete in one qualifier are not eligible, regardless of score.
- – Finalists will be selected by category and gender (i.e. female fun finalist group, male fun finalist group, etc.).
- – Competitors may only compete in one session per qualifying round.
- – You do not need to compete in the same session at each qualifier. You can compete in session one at Mira Mesa and then session two at Mission Valley or vice versa, for example.
- – COMPETITION IS FOR CLIMBERS AGES 15+. Climbers ages 14 and under: Get thee to the Grom Cup!