- January 25, 2020
- Saturday, 11:00AM to 12:00PM
This course is a four-part series introducing participants to the fundamentals of yoga practice, including poses, breath, mindfulness, history, and philosophy.
By the end of the 4 weeks, participants will gain:
1. Proficiency in ujjayi breath (the most common pranayama in Asana practice) and exposure to other breathing techniques; 2. Understanding of how the body and mind respond to breath;
3. Proficiency in beginning yoga poses, with an understanding of principles of alignment to make them safe and effective;
4. Understanding of how, why and when to use props to facilitate yoga poses;
5. Experience with transitions between poses to feel ready for our flow-style Yoga classes; 6. Experience of meditation and the mental benefits of Yoga; and
7. Introduction to the history and philosophy of Yoga practice.
*There is no additional fee for this class BUT PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. No drop-in*