Mesa Rim and Spot Insurance are partnering to bring you peace of mind whether you’re ascending tall walls in the gym, The Terrace at Barton Creek, or any other rock face outdoors, all for $14.99/month.
HOW IT WORKS
- Talk to a Mesa Rim employee—they can add Spot to your membership. You’ll get a confirmation email with the coverage details.
- Say you twist your ankle while climbing and need to seek medical treatment.
- With Spot, you can see any doctor or go to any hospital or ER you’d like.
- You’ll receive your medical bill(s) a few weeks later, and it won’t be cheap—a trip to the ER alone can set you back thousands of dollars.
- Submit your bill(s) to Spot, and they’ll coordinate your eligible reimbursement.
Spot works with or without primary health insurance.
Spot covers your deductible, plus in- and out-of-network medical costs up to $25,000.
The $25,000 amount covers doctor-recommended treatment for your injury—including things like casts and surgery.
If you have health insurance, a deductible is the amount you would normally need to pay out-of-pocket before your primary health plan starts to cover costs. Say your deductible is $2,000—Spot can reimburse you for that cost.
Don’t have health insurance? Spot can cover your out-of-pocket medical costs.
How much does it cost?
Spot costs $14.99/month.
All active members of Mesa Rim. If you cancel or freeze your Mesa Rim membership, Spot coverage is canceled automatically at the end of the billing period.
What activities are covered?
In-facility activities at Mesa Rim, other climbing gyms, and outdoor rock climbing, including bouldering and alpine rock, snow or glacier climbing.
Where are you covered?
At Mesa Rim and rock climbing outdoors worldwide.