Mesa Rim is elated to have Jonny Schaefer join our team as the Facility Supervisor of Mesa Rim Austin. Providing an amazing space is one of our core values. As the Facility Supervisor, Jonny will be developing a team and cultivating a culture that supports this amazing space daily. Check out the fun facts below to get to know Jonny better!
• I am a war veteran and served in the Marines. I believe Peace & Love is the way to go!
• I grew up in the same house my dad did, which is located in sunset valley. So yes, I’m an Austinite
• I used part of my G.I. Bill to attend courses through The American Alpine Institute in Washington state. I love the west and have climbed all over it… don’t get me started on the liberty bell group or the town of Mazama.
• A fun climbing fact about me is that I’ve worked for every climbing gym company in Austin(minus the one before SARG) and couldn’t be happier with our community. I especially enjoy how inclusive the Austin climbing community is and how it brings people together here in this awesome city.
• I started climbing when I was 12 at the South Austin rock gym. I joined the kids climbing team for 3 years but drifted away from the gym during my high school years. Thankfully I wandered back into that gym 10+years later after the Marines and it was exactly what my soul needed.
• I have an impeccable sense of direction, and I attribute most of that to road trips as a kid (Maps only in those days). If I drive somewhere, I make a mental note and can almost always get myself back to start, there’s only been a few times where I’ve truly felt lost. (Directionally).
To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.