YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Earn Your Yoga Teaching Certificate from Mesa Rim
Begins – August 17th, 2024
Ends – Feb 16th, 2025
Early Registration Opens Monday, January 2nd, 2024!
Looking for more information? Reach out to get in contact with our Yoga Supervisor!
Ready to enroll? Register for our YTT Program today!
WHY YOGA TEACHER TRAINING?
Deepen Your Practice
Enhance Your Knowledge
Develop Healthy Skills for Life
Teach Yoga to Your Community
THE MESA RIM DIFFERENCE
Our Yoga Alliance Registered Teacher Training gives participants the skills to teach with confidence, blending classic Yoga and meditation practices with current understanding of physiology, psychology, and movement.
Our lead trainers have years of experience in Hatha, Vinyasa and Ashtanga yoga, meditation instruction, academic study, personal fitness training, and movement coaching. We believe the practice of Yoga provides essential tools for thriving in modern society, and should be accessible and safe for all.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
Participants can expect to:
- Deepen their own practice through breath work, asana, and meditation
- Learn Yoga history and philosophy, including in-depth study of The Yoga Sutras
- Understand mechanics of movement, movement compensations and natural variations in body architecture
- Learn to successfully and safely teach with confidence (including sequencing, theming, adjustments and modifications)
- Learn how to teach inclusively, with trauma-conscious considerations
- Explore Yoga’s mind-body connection for climbers and other athletes
- Apply Yoga and meditation practices to daily life
- Learn about the Business of modern Yoga
- Find their authentic voice as a teacher
GAIN WORLDWIDE RECOGNITION
The training you receive at Mesa Rim is certified by the Yoga Alliance, which is the most reputable governing body in yoga worldwide.
Wednesday 5:00pm – 7:00pm (Online)
Saturday & Sunday 12:00 pm to 6:30 pm
Some Mondays 9:00am – 4:00pm (Holidays)
|August 17, 18
|August 28, 31
|September 1, 2
|September 11, 14, 15
|September 25, 27, 28
|October 9, 12, 13
|October 23, 26, 27
|November 6, 9, 10, 11
|November 20, 23, 24
|December 4, 7, 8
|December 18, 21, 22
|January 4, 5
|January 18, 19, 20
|February 1, 2
|February 15, 16
RECEIVE COMPLIMENTARY MEMBERSHIP
Tuition for YTT includes full membership to all Mesa Rim Climbing Centers for the duration of the program!
$2,800 per student
$2,600 Early Bird special (registration opens January 2nd, 2024)
$300 deposit due upon registration
Payment plans are available (please inquire)
If minimum participant requirement is not met, Mesa Rim reserves the right to postpone/cancel the program with full refund to all participants.
Military Spouses might be eligible for a MYCAA scholarship! Check your eligibility HERE
“The Yoga Teacher Training program at Mesa Rim is an inclusive and supportive program that is helping me grow. Kim’s experience as a yoga instructor and her knowledge of human anatomy raises the bar. Whether you just want to deepen your own practice or go on to teach, I would highly recommend this program.”
“I cannot recommend the Reno Mesa Rim 200-YTT program highly enough. The program gives future teachers a strong foundation in physical anatomy, the energetic body, yoga philosophy, sequencing and cuing flows, and hands on adjustments. Mesa’s program attracted an amazing community of future teachers who joined to better themselves and spread the gifts of yoga. It is a great environment to practice teaching, receive kind and constructive feedback, and find your voice until you’re comfortable leading a flow from beginning to end. If you have been on the fence, consider this your nudge to sign up and become a yoga teacher!”
“The Mesa Rim YTT program was a fantastic choice. Not only does it feel good to be a part of the fitness and climbing community here at Mesa, but studying under the knowledge and compassion of Kim Allock has been a true joy! I am finishing this course with greater confidence, a stronger voice, and a deeper reverence for the practice and history of yoga. The coursework is well-balanced, hands on, and accessible for all levels. I am so thankful to be a part of the 2023-2024 cohort!”
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I HAVE A TIGHT BUDGET - CAN I PAY OVER TIME IN SMALLER PORTIONS WITH A PAYMENT PLAN?
YES! Mesa Rim is happy to work with you to create a payment plan. Please contact Kim (email@example.com) for more information!
WHAT ARE THE GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS?
COMPLETE 200 CONTACT HOURS OF YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
MASTER THE MATERIAL
- Complete ALL coursework material including readings, trainings, observations, and practice teaching.
- Teach one full yoga class to your fellow trainees during training.
- Complete open book Yoga Exam on final day of training
EXPLORE! … TAKE LOTS OF YOGA CLASSES!
- Take a minimum of 10 yoga classes either in or outside of Mesa Rim and
complete Yoga Class Review Form for each class.
- Observe 2 – 4 yoga classes at Mesa Rim. These can be any class at any of our locations
- Select two different teachers with whom you would like to assist from the list of lead instructors of the training.
GRADUATION GROUP CLASS AND CEREMONY!
- Invite your friends and family to your graduation for a yoga class followed by a graduation ceremony and party!
- Co-teach a group class with your fellow trainees to your invited community. You will have ample time to prepare for this together as a group. Each trainee is expected to teach an equal amount of the class.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I MISS A SESSION?
We have built an extra 8 hours of training into our schedule to allow students to complete their full 200 hours of instruction. In the event of missed training sessions, additional written assignments will be given and presented on or before April 14. If more than one weekend day of training is missed, the student must then create a workshop/presentation to be shown to the other trainees and trainers on the missed material to be presented on our contingency weekend (April 20-21). Students must contact the Lead Trainer before the weekend which they will be missing. All missed hours must be made up for certification.
WILL I BE ELIGIBLE TO BECOME A YOGA INSTRUCTOR AT MESA RIM UPON GRADUATION?
All Mesa Rim YTT Graduates are invited to apply for any open Yoga Instruction positions at Mesa Rim.
HAVE QUESTIONS? WE HAVE ANSWERS!
Didn’t find what you’re looking for? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you soon.